Our Mission: To provide programs and services that contribute to the sound development of individuals of all ages and to offer opportunities to enhance an appreciation of Jewish and democratic values in Long Beach and West Orange County.
Our Vision: The Alpert Jewish Community Center is a Jewish neighborhood and gathering place that is the heart of Jewish learning and activities, designed to improve its members' lives in conjunction with their family, synagogue, local organizations, and the general community.
Our Values: We will fulfill our mission by operating the AJCC with these shared values:
- Community-- Provide a neighborhood gathering place, foster fellowship among all people, and work cooperatively and in partnerships with other organizations in the Jewish and general community.
- Jewish Experiences-- Promote the spiritual, cultural and ethical values of Judaism, and provide Jewish learning and living experiences that enhance one's sense of identity.
- Responsiveness-- Listen to and are sensitive to the needs of our members, volunteers, staff, and the community.
- Quality-- Provide the highest quality programs and services, facilities, and staff that meet the social, recreational, cultural, educational, and wellness needs of our members.
- Leadership-- Value the partnership of strong lay and professional leadership which enables up to plan collectively to achieve our goals.
- Fiscal Responsibility-- Maintain the trust of the community by operating within our budget, strive to become financially self-sufficient, and transform the AJCC into a pro-active organization that succeeds in all endeavors.