At the AJCC's Swim For Life Aquatics Center, our trained and certified American Red Cross Water Safety instructors teach each student to swim with confidence using a 9-step swim program created by the American Red Cross (an organization with over 100 years of teaching and developing water safety programs).
According to Jewish law in the Talmud (Kiddushin 29a), a parent must teach their child three things: Torah, how to earn a living, and how to swim. And through our program, the AJCC can help you give your child the swimming skills they need with pricing and flexibility that works for your modern life.
Whether they choose to learn in a group or private setting, our instructors teach swimmers the skills they need to keep them safe in and around the water.
OUR PROGRAM IN A NUTSHELL
The Preschool Aquatics Program, Levels 1-3, are designed to get young children comfortable in the water and begin to work on basic skills. Children learn arm and leg movements as well as breath control to help them not only feel safe in the water but love the time they spend there.
The Learn-to-Swim Program, Levels 1-6, focuses on building skills one step at a time by giving students the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next.
- Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Level 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Students learn basic swimming skills.
- Level 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice help students improve their skills.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: Students improve their stroke skills and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows students to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances with efficiency.
Please note that the pool is open for swimming lessons and lap swim unless there is torrential rain and/or thunder and lightning.