Alpert Jewish Community Center Ambassador Program is a volunteer program designed to provide exceptional customer service to members and visitors of the Alpert Jewish Community Center.
J Ambassadors serve as the entry point to the AJCC and all of its services and programs.
- Welcome and assist visitors and members
- Provide a professional, courteous image to members and visitors leaving them with the knowledge that the AJCC is a friendly and hospitable part of our community.
- Work with staff providing visitors with accurate and timely information
Volunteer Ambassador Qualifications:
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to approach and communicate in English (bilingual a plus but not required) and comfortably articulate with a wide diversity of individuals
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
- A willingness to learn about all aspects of the Alpert Jewish Community Center and to be informed about current programs and offerings.
- Reliability – a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week
- Dedication – commit at least 6 months to the program after training
- Be physically able to perform the duties of the job
- Be committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Punctuality is essential
- Enthusiasm is a plus
Volunteer Days and Times Needed:
- Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Respond to inquiry in a positive, professional manner
- Use the volunteer manual and program schedule to direct members and visitors appropriately and accurately
- Provide information on accessing services and navigating the building
- Be alert to AJCC changes; read updates before starting every shift.
- Project a warm, friendly, and hospitable impression of the Alpert Jewish Community Center
- Special recognition/social functions with fellow volunteers
- The satisfaction that comes when helping others
- Attend a 1 hour comprehensive interview/orientation
- Attend a training with staff/volunteers before working a shift alone
- A commitment to teamwork
- Volunteer at least 4 hours a week
- Be flexible and reliable
- Volunteer at least 6 months after training
- Clean, business casual
- J Ambassador Shirt
- A welcoming smile
For More Information:
Interested individuals may contact Gayle Ehrenberg, RSVP Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-426-7601 ext. 1013
As a J Ambassador, you will be extending hospitality and relating information regarding the many services offered at the AJCC. It is our expectation that the Volunteer Ambassadors are the most informed individuals regarding scheduling, services and programs at the Alpert Jewish Community Center. Are you outgoing, friendly and familiar with the AJCC? If your answer is “yes,” then you will be a great candidate for the AJCC Volunteer Ambassador Program!