Our preschool program, a leader in Long Beach preschool education for over 50 years, is designed to provide learning and growing experiences that will help each child to grow into a sensitive, self-directed, creative and confident whole person.
In order to share our Jewish culture and traditions, we enjoy Shabbat each Friday, celebrate Jewish holidays, and flavor our lessons with Jewish songs, stories and special foods. At the same time, we encourage understanding and sharing between families of many cultures.
Parents throughout Long Beach have entrusted their children to our caring and professional Early Childhood Education staff. Licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services, our preschool has been acclaimed by Early Childhood Education professionals as the finest preschool program in our community.
Early Childhood Education Programs are designed to:
- Help Children build relationships with each other
- Provide enriching Jewish experiences
- Challenge and stimulate a child's curiosity
- Develop an appreciation for the diversity in our community
- Encourage each child's positive self-image
- Teach and develop an appreciation of learning
- Cultivate healthy habits and attitudes
- Enhance relationships between child, family and community
- Provide resources for early recognition of learning challenges
- Meet family child care needs
We focus on creating a safe and nurturing environment which offers opportunities to explore and discover; a place where children learn to care about and cooperate with others, as well as play independently.
We invite your family to become part of our family.
COME IN FOR A TOUR! If a picture is worth a thousand words, then seeing our preschool for yourself will be priceless! Arrange for a tour of our facility and a meeting with one of our preschool administrators to discuss your child's future opportunities.
Membership Matters! The longer you've been a member of the Alpert JCC, the better your chance of placing your child into our acclaimed preschool programs!
Become a member today and move your child's name up on the registration list!
Our Administrative Staff
Alayna Cosores, ECE Director, x1091
Kedma Cantor, Assistant Director of Operations, x1092
Leah Bleidistel, Assistant Director of Curriculum and Programs, x1094
Danielle Putnam, ECE Administrative Assistant, x1090