Your Donation Counts!
L’Dor V’Dor…Strengthening our Community, Building our Future!
L’Dor V’Dor…From Generation to Generation. Here at the Alpert Jewish Community Center, we believe that everything we do and every program we have strengthens our community and works toward building our future. We believe that access to a thriving and supportive community is the key to a full life for everyone, and the AJCC plays a unique role at the heart of our community because our doors are open wide to welcome everyone.
The Alpert JCC is a place where people come together, celebrate significant events, and enrich their lives through a broad range of programs and services for each of life’s many stages. Every program you attend and every dollar you donate contributes to L’Dor V’Dor, supporting the present and preserving future programs. From our Senior social events to our special holiday programs for preschool children, your generous support makes L’Dor V’Dor possible.
Please Click Here to make your valuable donation today!
You may also send a check payable to the Alpert Jewish Community Center:
The Alpert Jewish Community Center
Attention: Nicole Malina
3801 East Willow Street
Long Beach, CA 90815
There are Many Ways to Give:
- Make a monthly donation to help provide the array of programs and services you have to come to expect from the AJCC.
- Join the Chai Society
The Alpert JCC's Chai Society consolidates donor giving into a one-time integrated ask with the choice of a multi-year commitment. Donors are able to designate their gift to the programs and areas of their choice. These contributions reach all corners of our center. Please consider joining the Chai Society and enjoy special benefits and privileges.
For information, please contact Executive Director Jeffrey Rips at (562) 426-7601 Ext. 1011.
- Donate Your Vehicle
We recently signed up with a company to handle car donations for us – CARS (Charitable Auto Resources Inc.). Interested donors located anywhere in the US can either call a line set up directly for us [(877) JCC-5040 / (877) 522-5040] or click on our personalized link:
- Honor a Friend or Family Member through a Tribute or Memorial Gift
Tribute and memorial contributions are a meaningful way to celebrate, honor or memorialize friends and family by making gifts in their name. Gifts may be designated to a particular fund or area at the Alpert JCC or you can designate that your gift be used where the need is greatest.
Your gift will be acknowledged by a letter to the individual or family expressing your sentiment and announcing your gift in their honor.
The gift will also be printed in the monthly Jewish Community Chronicle newsletter and on the AJCC website Tributes page. The amount of the gift is not included.
You may make a tribute or memorial donation online. For more information about Tribute and Memorial gifts, please call (562) 426-7601 Ext. 1414.
- Sponsor an Event: Individual and business donations are vital for our special events. Each year, the Alpert JCC hosts a number of events such as our Annual Gala, Holiday Celebrations and our Annual Golf Classic. Please contact Executive Director Jeffrey Rips at (562) 426-7601 Ext. 1011 for more information on supporting the Alpert JCC's fundraising events.
- Create a Legacy:There are many ways to leave a legacy, and for those who would like their legacy to include a long-term gift to the Alpert JCC, there are three options to consider -- planned giving, endowments and non-traditional gifts.
Planned Giving Planned gifts are designed to fit within a donor's comprehensive estate plans, fulfilling the donor's philanthropic goals, reducing income taxes, avoiding capital gains or estate taxes, and retaining lifetime income if desired, all while helping to guarantee the Alpert JCC's future financial support. Common forms of planned giving include bequests and charitable gift annuities.
Endowments A non-profit's endowments represent its permanently held capital. Depending upon the guidelines established for each particular endowment, income and/or principal from the endowment can be used to support the Alpert JCC's work. Endowments provide a secure source of long-term support.
Non-Traditional Gifts Non-traditional gifts to the Alpert JCC could include gifts of personal property, life insurance policies, retirement plans, real estate and appreciated stocks. To learn more about legacy giving, please contact Sharon Kenigsberg at the Jewish Community Foundation at (562) 426-7601 Ext. 1008
- Volunteer Your Time: In addition to financial support, we welcome your gift of time. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization and your service is one of the richest gifts of all. For information about volunteer opportunities at the AJCC, please contact RSVP Director Gayle Ehrenberg at (562) 426-7601 x 1013.